Speech Language Pathology
I offer speech, language, and cognitive communication assessments, consultations and interventions for toddlers, preschoolers, school-age children and adults. I work from a home-based office, as well as travel to clients’ homes. We have a chocolate lab, Fynn, who loves all people but not all people love her. We recently adopted a cat too. So if you have allergies or a fear of dogs, I would be happy to provide services in your home. Travel expenses apply to certain locations (see fees/billing).
Assessment and Intervention
Are Provided in the Following Areas:
- Articulation, Phonological and Oral-Motor Challenges (i.e., apraxia, dysarthria)
- Language Comprehension and Expressive Language Impairments
- Social Language Impairments
- Preschool Stuttering
- Cognitive Communication Impairments associated with Strokes (Aphasia), Acquired Brain Injury (ABI), and Dementia
PERONE AND HALF HOURS
FEES APPLYfor the following professional services
- Assessment, Therapy, Report Preparation, Consultation/Counselling and Home Programming. Rates for assessments and reports are prorated based on the time required to complete. This varies depending on the client’s age and communication impairment. These rates are in keeping with the guidelines provided by the Ontario Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (OSLA).
INSURANCEcovered by most benefit plans
- Speech Language Pathology services can be covered by most benefit plans. It is important to contact your insurance provider to determine amount of coverage. Typically, clients submit invoices to their insurance provider to claim eligible funds. Some health benefit providers require a referral from a physician in order to access these funds.
TRAVEL FEESfor home visits from Russell
- Local (11 to 20 kms) $20.00
- Distances 21 to 40 kms $30.00
- Distances 41 to 50 kms $40.00
- Distances 51 to 60 kms $50.00